Alpha-1 Awareness UK is a charity formed to provide information and support to sufferers of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. We maintain close links with experts and organisations associated with the condition. Our primary objective is to improve the understanding of Alpha-1 in both patients and medical professionals, as well as to provide support for Alphas, their carers and families.
We were the first Alpha-1 support group to get registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (1125467) and also the first for full registration at the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (SC041100).
Our website provides extensive information about the condition, how it might be detected and discussion of the treatments and therapies currently available. We also offer links to more detailed information about alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
If you would like to send a donation to us, please visit our donation page.
- To improve the understanding of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AATD)
- To publicise AATD to medical professionals
- To work with medical and patient organisations to raise awareness of the condition
- To build a national network of patients
- To become a pressure group to increase research and the availability of successful treatments
- To develop a platform for patient support.
The Charity Board
- Alan Wooler
Chairman, Treasurer, IT Support, Trustee
- Amanda Stimpson
- Andi Osborn
- Cori Ruktanonchai
Secretary, Data Protection Officer, Trustee
- Emma Wooler
Parents Support, Trustee
- Glyn Cockaday
Facebook Administrator, Board Member
- Jackie Osborn