For this example, we are going to pretend to have my head shaved.
2. You get to choose part of the web page address, this will be the bit after ‘wwwjustgiving.com/fundraising/’. The box was already filled in for me, but it said (in red) that somebody was already using it. Change the text in the box to something else you like, if it is available to you, the box below it will go green (like the 2nd image below). You are able to use letters, numbers and a hyphen.
10. What is your fundraising goal? Some may thing £50 while others believe £1,000. It doesn’t matter what number you put or how much money you raise for us, all donations however small or large will help us to continue to support Alphas. I have set it to £500. Next, change your title (if you want to) and add a short bit of text to the ‘Tell us what you are doing and why‘ and the ‘because‘ boxes.
11. The last bit is to write your story. It doesn’t need to be too long, but if you want to tell people your background and why you are doing it, it may help with getting donations. Put as little or as much as you would like. Once you are finished, click on the button ‘Save my story‘.
12. Your page is now complete. Depending on what your event is, you may want to do posts later on to tell people (and maybe with photos as well) how you are doing with your training. If you would like to do this, scroll down the screen and click on the button ‘Write an update‘.
13. The last thing you need to do is to tell people where the page is. If you want to tell people in Facebook, click on the button ‘Share‘ at the top of the page. If you want to email somebody a link or use another social media platform, scroll to the top of the screen and right click in the address bar box (the ‘www.‘ bit), this should select the full address and turn it blue as will as bring up a small menu. Click on ‘copy‘ to copy the address. Once done, you cane ‘paste‘ it where you need it to go.
Congratulations, you have now setup your own JustGiving page and it is ready for people to see it and start making donations.